Thursday, May 20, 2010

Arrrrrrrr, there be Treasure


We received a call from the Make a Wish foundation on behalf of a little boy who wanted to be a pirate like Jack Sparrow and they wondered if there was a chance that we would be interested in making a themed cake for the event. Would we?

Aye!!!! That be an adventure that would most surely tempt the very depths of our marrow.
Our pastry chef had a most excellent time procuring all of the "jewels" for the chest from the chocolate and fondant in which they were buried. The chest itself be some of our finest confection available, chocolate it were-splice the mainbrace if I be wrong (or if I be right as well), aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (kind of reminds me of a cat's purr).

The foundation held a picnic for him, the tall ships were in town and the boy got to be on board and practice his pirate ways for the day. The foundation even had someone who could easily pass for "Captain...Jack Sparrow". It were a good day to be in fine pirate form, aye.

I think all of this is only fitting considering the "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" was started in Oregon by Ol' Chumbucket and Cap'n Slappy and is proudly celebrated on Sept. 19th here every year-though there be pirates year round if you be so inclined to find them me bucko.

2 comments:

  1. I just found out how to turn Facebook from English (USA) to English (Pirate). I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, where be the map to that treasure, me hearty?

    ReplyDelete