Sunday, October 17, 2010

Continuation of the IBIE conference...Touristy stuff

I'll post these by hotels or general things that relate to each other...maybe.

Now, we shall start our tour of the Strip with...

The Bellagio...
which must be said with the intonation of -"Borrrr rach chio"-
as pronounced by Michael Keaton in the movie "Much Ado About Nothing".
(A most excellent, slightly unhinged performance by the way.)

Very colourful Chihuly ceiling on the way to the Conservatory
-Connnnn serve a torrrrrrryyy-
that is just a fun word to say isn't it?
I certainly think so...
Connnnnn serve a torrrrrryyyyy.
Ethereal glass leaves slowly cascade down through the trees.
Now, I give you...
The Woods of the Connnnn Serve a torrrryyyyy!

They all look so realistic and yet so sculptural.


I appreciate how the artist captured the
essence of leaf; the variegation, the lightness, the transparent beauty within.
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
Wash, Serenity(2005)

Where there are trees, there must be water.
Here is a continuous fountain archway that you can walk through. This grand specimen will make many, many pies.
Mmmmmmm, pie.
See what I mean about the sculptural part?
This could be sooooo in my room right now, mind you it wouldn't fit but it would be cool.
The Green Man watching over the bounty of the season.
A Riddle
I am born on May Morning - by sticks, bells, and ribbons

I am the sap - in the dark root
I am the dancer - with his six fools
I am the tump - behind the old church
I am the lost soul - under the misericord
I am the oak - against the stars

I am the face - that peers through the leaves
I am the fear - in a child' s mind
I am the demon - on the roof-boss

I am killed in October - and laid on church altars

I am the guiser - on the bright bonfire
I am the old grain - sown with the seed
I am the flame - in the pumpkin ' s grin
I am the spirit - in the kern-baby's bosom

Phill Lister 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment