Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pie Judge

For a couple of years now, I have been participating as a judge of homemade pies at the DAR booth (Daughters of the American Revolution).
Here are a couple of my fellow cohorts this year, Sue and Rob.













It has been a lot of fun and it is alwa
ys interesting to see what people decide to make and submit for judging. If I remember correctly, the pies have to be berry based but other than that I think it's open season on how one interprets that.

Here's Jann, she's one of the wonderful ladies of the DAR and the one who asked me to judge in the first place.


Here's the winning pie for this year. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pie.













It's a tough job really...but someone has to step up and do it.

2 comments:

  1. Did they do the crust for that by cutting a bunch of circles and laying them on top of each other? I am so bad at crust design, but I think I could handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They actually were little leaf shape cut outs but that was the basic principle.

    ReplyDelete