Sunday, February 13, 2011

My day off

Days off are few and far between when you work at a bakery.
There's always a holiday coming up, a wedding around the corner, or someone who needs that one special order as soon as possible.

However, those precious days do come, rare though they are.
There's the usual stuff to be done: catch up on house work,
maybe go for a walk, out to brunch, etc.

I do these things as well but more often than not...
[da da dahhhhhhhh]

I'm baking at home.
Yup, my day off and I'm knee deep in chocolate, flour, and vanilla.
[review previous masochist blog ]

Today it was, in order:

[Taaaa Daaaa]

Dinner rolls
The recipe called for all All Purpose flour, I experimented a little bit (again)
and switched out some of the All Purpose flour for some
whole wheat flour (from Cedar Creek Grist Mill).

Next up:


Chocolate Ginger cake with Whiskey Caramel Sauce
[Mmmmm, Whiskey sauce.]

Of course, by this time I realized that I had run out of the regular AP flour but I still had the whole wheat pastry flour (Cedar Creek Grist mill again) so the cake's not exactly as described in the recipe- mainly a little coarser in texture- but tasty none the less.

Next up on the menu:

Chocolate olive oil cake.

I also used the whole wheat pastry flour in this recipe but again, it doesn't make a noticeable difference except for having a slightly coarser texture.
I also used a raspberry flavoured cocoa from McStevens back when they made baking cocoa.

Then I washed dishes, rested a bit,
and watched something cute.
[moment of "Awwwwwww"]

No comments:

Post a Comment