Monday, December 6, 2010

Festival of Trees

Here are some of the sights from the Providence Festival of Trees where we entered a Gingerbread house in a competition.





Think trees, lots and lots of trees ;)




There were red ones and blue ones,
black ones and green ones.
Big ones and small ones and even some Seuss ones.













Marzipan mice around a tree, all of them seem to really be focused on peppermint on top, I mean realllllllllly focused.








This tree and layout had a Japanese theme, it was a little over the top for me-I probably would have just done the cranes and lights and left everything else off but this was a competition after all.




Here's more of this layout.

video


Someone has a sense of humor.
The other bears are enjoying the picnic.


Something for all of those Twilight fans.
The tree is actually black.

I love that a lot of these trees didn't have a traditional tree toppers on them. I especially like the use of the branches on this one.









Here's some more of our Gingerbread competition. This one actually had cupcakes in the oven-soooooooo cute.




Bubblegum for the flooring.











This tree had ornaments made from Legos!








Here's another Gingerbread layout.
video





Here's a front view of our house.











"Up on the roof top..."

Um, Houston we have a problem.
















One of the busier trees at the Festival.
The pinwheel things kept making me think of the hypnotizing swirly things you see in old movies.








and then I saw this one...




Very, very busy tree.
Verrrrrrrrryyyyyy, verrrrryyyyy busy.










A little interior kitchen action.


















This is beyond cool. All I can say is "WOW".






and here's video of the reason I think it's sooooo cool...besides the black and white bare branch thing going on here.
video






Some of Santa's helpers?
Or could it be two members of our Gingerbread decorating team.


"but I heard them exclaim, 'ere they drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!" "Clement Clarke Moore


If I had the space, I would so have this at home.
video

No comments:

Post a Comment