Monday, December 6, 2010

Festival of Trees

Here are some of the sights from the Providence Festival of Trees where we entered a Gingerbread house in a competition.





Think trees, lots and lots of trees ;)




There were red ones and blue ones,
black ones and green ones.
Big ones and small ones and even some Seuss ones.













Marzipan mice around a tree, all of them seem to really be focused on peppermint on top, I mean realllllllllly focused.








This tree and layout had a Japanese theme, it was a little over the top for me-I probably would have just done the cranes and lights and left everything else off but this was a competition after all.




Here's more of this layout.




Someone has a sense of humor.
The other bears are enjoying the picnic.


Something for all of those Twilight fans.
The tree is actually black.

I love that a lot of these trees didn't have a traditional tree toppers on them. I especially like the use of the branches on this one.









Here's some more of our Gingerbread competition. This one actually had cupcakes in the oven-soooooooo cute.




Bubblegum for the flooring.











This tree had ornaments made from Legos!








Here's another Gingerbread layout.






Here's a front view of our house.











"Up on the roof top..."

Um, Houston we have a problem.
















One of the busier trees at the Festival.
The pinwheel things kept making me think of the hypnotizing swirly things you see in old movies.








and then I saw this one...




Very, very busy tree.
Verrrrrrrrryyyyyy, verrrrryyyyy busy.










A little interior kitchen action.


















This is beyond cool. All I can say is "WOW".






and here's video of the reason I think it's sooooo cool...besides the black and white bare branch thing going on here.







Some of Santa's helpers?
Or could it be two members of our Gingerbread decorating team.


"but I heard them exclaim, 'ere they drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!" "Clement Clarke Moore


If I had the space, I would so have this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment