Monday, November 22, 2010

I love the Winter Weather...

Our baker Beth's Winter cake design.

It almost, almost makes me wish for snow...
if I didn't have to be out driving and delivering in it while living in a location where, when one snow flake falls and sticks to the ground, it becomes cause for city wide alarm.


[Begin dream sequence]

I am walking down a quiet country lane with my beau while our two pooches merrily chase each other through the fluffy, white powder that meanders slowly to the ground.

Later I am curled up by the window with an excellent mystery novel, a hot cup of cocoa, and a purring feline or two nestled on my lap...

[Hey, I said it was a dream sequence didn't I?]


Anyhooo, Beth produces some absolutely amazing detail on her cakes and I enjoy looking at all of it.

I kept finding new details that she added which means I kept exclaiming "That's sooooooo cute!!!" often.

"SQUIRREL!"
hehehehehehehehehehehe.









The snow flakes are so delicate.


She hand painted the background.











I love this moose!
Love! Love! Love the moose!









This is a Winter wonderland where I could have some fun.
















Her trees remind me a little of Dr. Seuss and check out her Cardinal next to the very stylish Snowman.

2 comments:

  1. That cake is gorgeous!!

    Also, I love that your idea of a perfect winter involves a lot less "kissing by the fire," and a lot more "hanging out with pairs of animals," than the average woman. I'm not judging, I'm just noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cake when I was in the shop yesterday. It is sooooo cute! Can't wait to see the St. Vincent's Charity Gingerbread House. Thanks for sharing the details with me!!!

    Stef at TooMuchToDoSoLittleTime.com

    ReplyDelete