Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taste of Zupan's 2011

This event signals the start of the Holiday season for us at the bakery.
The half crazed dashing around (on my part) 
to make sure every thing is gathered and ready to go.
The baking off of oodles of samples because 
one oodle is simply never enough.

Pies, gingerbread, shortbread cookies, and anything pumpkin 
(though pumpkin is good any time of the year as far as I'm concerned)
are winding their ways through the bakery ovens. 
The air is heavily scented with cinnamon, nutmeg, and peppermint.
Therefore-Bring forth the Holidays!
Although you can hold off on the Xmas music until after Thanksgiving...
At the Heathman Hotel
We get there, get everything set up, arrange things around just so 
which is usually when I realize that I've forgotten 
the two or three things that would 
have been extremely useful to have.
*C'est la vie*
Maria prepping samples.
Anyhow, the Taste is a lot of fun to do and all of the proceeds are donated to a good cause.
The Sunshine Division
Plus, any leftover food from the event is picked up 
by the Urban Gleaners for donation.
So nothing is wasted and I like that part a lot.
 (slight warm & fuzzy feeling taking hold)
Now, on to the pictures!
This is Maria-one of the reasons that I'm not completely crazy 
People are queuing up out front.

Some of the "actual size" versions of our samples.
Set up and waiting for the event to begin.
Zupan's has many of their vendors participate.
Here's our friendly rival Kim
of Portland Style Cheesecake & Dessert Co.
She seriously has that bright smile every time I see her and is 
a very nice person to boot.
"Hi Kim and friend!"
I am officially hooked on this.
It's similar to the Skurdahl Farm cider that I get
because it tastes like the actual fruit rather than 
just a sparkling sugar bomb.
The pear is really tasty too.



 Zupan's has a lot of their staff help out at the event and I always see a few faces that I know.


"Hi Matt!"
"I warned you, you might be in the blog."
*wink*
These two were across the room from us sampling out some of the items that you can order for the holiday season.
Our table: set & ready to sample.

The girls next door.
 More of the gang across the room from us. 
"Hi Everyone!"
(I am craving more of those Brussel Sprouts right now.)

 And to finish, a little dessert.
 
Pumpkin Torte, Caramel Apple Cupcakes, 
and Red Velvet Cupcakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment